Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Noir


I love this look and this image. I really wanted to try something different with the lighting, so the key light is a 16x20" softbox to the model's right, aimed across her face. Then I used two hard lights (grids), one to put a splash of light on the back of her hair, and one to fill just a little in front and cast a slight shadow against the background.

The goal was to keep some softness in her face while still creating a hard lighting look overall. I love the kiss of light from the softbox on her near cheek, and the barely visible shadow against the background. I may need to kick the shadow edge contrast up a bit.

2 comments:

Slight Clutter said...

You are right about the little things...the kiss of light on the cheek and the barely visible shadow -- they make this shot beautiful. Great job!

Jeremey said...

Thanks!